Last Updated on
Thursday, 31 January 2013 13:53
Tuesday, 20 April 2010 09:26
The Ministries Team supports all forms of recognised and accredited ministry amongst Baptist Union churches, through all its stages, as well as providing guidance and advice to churches on ministry related matters. The work of the Ministries Team is undertaken by seven members of staff.
The Ministries Team:
- Provides guidance, oversight and quality assurance for all processes involved, including child-protection and other Safeguarding matters.
- Provides financial support through Student Bursaries and Further Study awards.
- Relates closely to patterns and processes of ministerial training at the Baptist Colleges and elsewhere, and participates in the ecumenical quality assurance programmes.
- Provides training for Mentors and Appraisal Guides.
- Assists the settlement of ministers and ministerial students through The National Settlement Team. Organises various conferences to support all stages of ministry, including those coming up to retirement.
- Supports the accreditation of pastors, evangelists and youth specialists and the national recognition of lay pastors and preachers.
- It supports all forms of sector ministry, including chaplaincy to industry, prisons, education, health-care and the military.
To find out more about the work of the Ministries Team please use the links to the left or email
or tel: 01235 517702.